"The future is not a destination, it is a never ending path of possibilities."

Friday, July 25, 2014

Down Under

#FlashBackFriday - a popular term/ "hashtag" in the social media world used to feature a past experience in life. On this beautiful Friday I thought it would be fun to share a flashback from 2011 to my time living in Australia. The 6 months I spent in Australia studying abroad was a life changing experience and I always encourage other college students to be brave and dive into a new culture through a study abroad program. There were ups and downs throughout the entire trip, but ultimately it was a were I grew as a young adult, made new friendships, learned to scuba dive and most importantly it ignited the desire to be a professional mermaid. Below is a glimpse into a few of my favorite memories. 

The University of Queensland, the most beautiful campus I've ever step foot on.

Feeding the adorable kangaroos at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.


My favorite place in the world...Heron Island. Spent 5 days on this remote island as part of a field trip for my "Australia's Marine Environment" course.




 A colorful reef from one of my first dives ever.


Peaceful sunset while taking the ferry into the city of Brisbane.

No comments:

Post a Comment